Stand Out and Find More Clients with a Professional Therapist Website
You’ve been in practice for a few months (or even years) and things are going well. You’re getting in some clients and your practice is starting to grow.
You’re ready to invest in a website that will help you to stand out. A website that is professional, looks fantastic, and reflects your practice values and goals. One that’s consistent with your business cards and leaflets, and includes your new logo.
Hello, I’m Catherine
I’m Catherine Doyle, the founder of Soothed.
Twelve years ago I was working as a senior web developer at an online agency. I was building websites for big household names like Arnott’s and Breville, and it was a lot of fun. But I wanted to do more meaningful work, so I started training as a meditation teacher and then as a Bowen therapist. And while I was completing my training, I started Soothed so I could use my skills to build websites for other therapists.
I soon realised how much I enjoyed helping therapists to make a difference in the world. So eleven years on, I’m still here, building websites for acupuncturists, massage therapists, osteopaths, and other health professionals. And it’s wonderful to see these gifted therapists building their practices, and helping so many people to tackle their health issues and improve their wellbeing.
It’s Time to Break that Cookie-Cutter Mould
I get it. You want a website that stands out amongst all the other therapist websites, but you don’t have thousands to spend on a custom design.
You’re ready for the Professional package. It all starts with a premium website template, which I customise to suit your business for a fraction of the cost of building it all from scratch.
Over the years, I’ve found that some practitioners already have a very clear idea of what they want, but others don’t know what they want until they see it. In order to stop all the crazy time-consuming emailing backwards and forwards, my Professional package includes a Skype session where we finalise the design and content in real-time. And you can watch your new website magically take shape as we play with the colours, fonts, and photos.
I’ll also enter the first five pages of content for you as well as taking care of all the tech stuff. So you can get on with running your practice.
Here’s How It Works
Your website will typically be ready in 4-6 weeks. Here are the steps we’ll follow:
We start with a 30-minute phone chat to talk about your needs, answer your questions, and choose your template.
I set up your website with your chosen template and customise it with your logo, colours, fonts, and photos.
I’ll enter and format five pages of text and images to get you started. Plus optimise the page titles for search engines.
We hop on to Skype and make the final tweaks together to ensure you’re delighted with your finished website.
Tailor-Made For You
If you’re ready for a website that is tailor-made for you, the Professional package is the perfect match for you. You’ll get:
- Personalised attention: I’m available by phone or email to answer all of your questions about templates, text, images, domains, WordPress and so on during the site build. Each project starts with a 30-minute phone call where we discuss your needs, and then we have regular email check-ins throughout the process.
- Customised web design: We begin with a professionally-designed premium template which is carefully customised with your logo, colours, fonts, and imagery. The end result is a unique design that fits your business for a fraction of the cost of a custom design.
- The techie stuff done for you: I’ll take care of installing WordPress, customising your theme, and setting up your pages. Plus I’ll add a contact form, a map, links to your social media accounts, and any extras you need. Then I’ll also upload your website to the internet, and set up an email address for you (if desired).
- Your content entered and checked: I’ll enter your first five pages of content for you. Plus I’ll format it properly and proof-read it to make sure it’s enhancing your professionalism.
- A head start in Google: I’ll set up your site ready for search engines and optimise up to five page titles to help potential clients find your website.
- Complete control over your website: You get full access to edit your website at any time. You can add new therapy pages, upload client forms, remove old pages, even add videos. It’s easy to use and we’ll go over the basics in our Skype call, but if you get stuck there are video tutorials, and I’m only an email away.
- Hosting and maintenance taken care of: I’ll host your website for you, proactively apply any security fixes to prevent your site getting hacked, and back up your website weekly in case anything goes wrong.
- Pay only for the features you need: This package is not filled with features you don’t need. Instead you can customise your package with exactly what you want. I can add a newsletter signup form, online booking links, social media feeds, a blog, and more.
Get all this for just $1485 AUD setup (3 payments of $495) + $35/month. There’s no ongoing commitment, so you can cancel anytime.
Not sure whether this is right for you? Send me an email or call me on 0424 008 432 with your questions.
If you’re not satisfied, I’m not either. That’s why I check every Professional website before launch to make sure everything is working properly: that the text is formatted correctly, that the images are clear and sharp, and that your website looks great on phones & tablets as well as desktop computers. If you do find something you’re not happy with, simply let me know in the first 30 days, and I’ll fix it up free of charge.
What Other Therapists Are Saying
Choosing Catherine to create our website was the best thing we did. Catherine put our mind at ease throughout the process and has continued to support us after launch. I would not hesitate to recommend Soothed to create your website. Lidia Lipic, Reflexologist & Bowen Therapist
Soothed is the perfect business name for a website developer who I’ve had the great pleasure of working with for over fifteen years. From my first steps into having a website to publicise my work, Catherine has truly soothed all my concerns and uncertainties; developing great looking (and crucially for me, easily accessible and maintainable) and very effective sites where I’ve been able to simply change and add content. She’s also (even having moved from the UK to Australia) always been reachable and ever helpful. I’m on my third iteration of my website due to the continuing changes in my work – and as and when I need someone to expand or develop a new site, there’s only one person I wish to go to: Catherine. Jude Currivan, Cosmologist & Hay House Author
Professional Package FAQ
Q. How long will it take to set up my website?
Q. What do the templates look like?
Note: You don’t need to purchase the template separately, its cost is included in the Professional package!
If you’re not sure which template would be best for your website, we can discuss this when we speak on the phone.
All of the templates I use are professional web designs created for WordPress websites on the Genesis framework. Genesis is a leading framework with excellent security and good clean code that search engines love. WordPress templates are also known as themes.
Q. What if I don’t like the templates? Can I choose another?
Q. What if I don’t have a logo?
Q. Who enters my website text?
Q. What’s included in the setup fee?
- A 30-minute phone consultation to go through what you want from your website, and answer any questions you have.
- Installing and configuring the WordPress content management system, including my recommended plugins for security and search engine optimisation.
- Purchase of a professional template (choose from five).
- Installing your chosen template and customising it with your logo, colour choices, fonts, and images.
- One round of emailed design changes where I make changes to the design based on your feedback. (We’ll make any final tweaks needed in our Skype call before your website launches.)
- Entering and formatting up to five pages of content for you.
- Optimising up to five page titles with local search terms to give your website a boost in the search engines.
- A contact form so that potential clients can contact you, without spammers getting hold of your email address.
- A map so your new clients can find you easily.
- Links to your Facebook page, Instagram etc, so you can grow your fan base.
- A 1-hour Skype tweaks and training call. In this, we’ll make the final design and text tweaks to your website, and I’ll also walk you through you how to edit your new website.
- Fully content-managed website – you can edit and add pages as needed after launch.
- Uploading your website to my servers and setting up an email address for you (if desired).
Q. Can I pay in instalments?
The first instalment of $495 is due when you order, a second instalment of $495 is due one calendar month later, and the final instalment of $495 is due another month later.
Q. What’s included in the monthly fee?
- Hosting of your website on my reliable servers located in Australia.
- Up to three email addresses.
- Keeping WordPress and its plugins up to date with the latest versions (to help prevent being hacked).
- Weekly backups* of your website (in case your site gets hacked or breaks).
- Comprehensive video tutorials showing you how to add pages, format text, insert images, add videos, etc.
- One free 15-minute support incident a month** (Example uses: help setting up email on your computer or mobile device, restoring a backup, help with how to edit your website text or photos.)
* While I make every effort to ensure backups are tested regularly, backups can sometimes fail, so I strongly suggest you also keep your own backups. Please let me know if you need help with this.
** Occasionally you may need additional support (particularly if you have many email addresses). Additional 15-minute blocks can be purchased as needed for $25 each. You cannot use your free support incident to add new features to your website, or for other development work.
Q. Can I add a newsletter, blog, online booking etc?
Many other add-ons including online booking, assisted copywriting, and product sales are also available. See the extras page for pricing.
Q. Are there any other costs involved in having a website?
Also, if you want to use images within your website you will need to purchase these separately. (I will suggest places where you can source high-quality images for your website.)
Q. What happens if I want to cancel?
Q. Is the Professional package right for me?
It’s especially suited to practitioners who are at the stage of their business where they are investing in logo design & professionally-designed gift vouchers etc. (as I will ensure your website uses similar design elements so that it all looks cohesive).
Often these practitioners have been in business for a few months or years, but new therapists will also benefit hugely from the Professional package if their budget allows.
If you prefer to have your website text written for you, my Gold package may be a better fit. The Gold package also includes extra SEO, a newsletter sign up form, and online booking links, but these can also be added to your Professional package as extras if you don’t want copywriting.
|Takes 4-6 weeks.||Takes 8-10 weeks.|
|Choose from 5 premium templates.||Choose from 60 premium templates.|
|Includes a 30-minute kick off phone call, and a 1-hour tweaks & training Skype call at the end of your project.||Includes a 30-minute kick off phone call, a 1-hour copywriting phone call, and a 1-hour tweaks & training Skype call at the end of your project.|
|Full-colour customisation, custom fonts, background images changed, and logo added.||Full-colour customisation, custom fonts, background images changed, and logo added.|
|You write your content.||Your write the first drafts, and up to five pages are professionally revised and polished.|
|Up to five pages entered and formatted for you.||Up to five pages entered and formatted for you.|
|Page titles optimised for search engines.||Page titles and text optimised for search engines.|
|No stats set up.||Google Analytics and Search Console integrated.|
|No newsletter or online booking.||Newsletter sign up form and online booking links set up.|
Q. Can I add more features later?
Are You Ready to Step Up?
How many clients do you think you’re losing due to an out-of-date or unprofessional website? It’s time to step up and make sure your website creates a good impression.
Let me do the hard work for you, whilst you give your practice the attention it deserves.